Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Tale of The Cube.

"Friendship is like a rubik cube."

Why I'm saying so? A close friend of mine made me realize the fact I never realize before. At first he didn't succeed!
I'm so stubborn to accept the fact that we need friends by our side, even though we think that we don't need them all the time.. What I mean here is, if you need the time of your own... don't ever walk away from your friends because you'll get lost,

especially a person like me..

I did not accept the fact.

"Sometimes certain people are just not meant to be with a group of friends at certain time and they need to settle down on their own... I think I don't belong with all of you. You all will be just fine without me right? There are no rooms for me. It's not their fault. I'm the one who got the silly thoughts. It's okay... I'll be fine after this. And we will be 'muffins' again.."

"Sometimes I need a space of my own, pampered myself because I need to find the sign, God's sign. It seemed like I'm running away from all of you. I just need time and everything will be just fine... I promise you."

That is what I said...

So he said...

"Do you think you are going to learn by yourself? Do you think you'll be just fine without your friends? You need help... You need guidance... or else you will get lost. No one can learn by himself."

I saw the look at his face. I don't like it.. I knew he was so disappointed of me. I can see that. He didn't even look at my face when I'm talking. I told him, he couldn't change me. Even though he said so right now... but then I'm still me when I'm alone. When I'm alone by myself... Something do not strike me yet.

During our conversation, I played with his rubric cube. He managed to arrange all the green sides of the rubric cube altogether. It's amazing for me because I don't know how... He showed me the rubric cube and asked me, "What if one of the "green" missing. It will not be perfect right? It looks ugly.." Then I said, "It's okay, it will find its way back home...it will"

He did not say a thing anymore. Maybe he got tired and bored already. He should... why not?

Suddenly something happened and knocked me when I accidentally switch the position of the green side of the cube because I tried to show him one of the 'greenies' will find its way back BUT I got lost. I switched here and there... I failed to find the way back. All the 'greenies' were apart from each other now. I made it even worse. Even if one of them was near with each other but they still could not be together. I'm trying and kept trying... I'm totally lost.

He smiled at me and said... "Solve it by yourself. You can learn by your own right?"

"I need your help because I don't know how?!"
These came out from my mouth all of sudden.

Something STRIKED me. My own words. He smile again and then help me to arrange all the 'greenies' back.

"What did you learn?" he asked.

I smiled and... feel ashamed of myself perhaps? I feel so small~
Again... we smiled at each other.

So friends... That is why I'm saying friendship is just like a rubric cube.

"If they are together they will look nice and beautiful. But when one of them walking away from each other it might get lost... so each one them will trying to find the way back home to each other. Even though they are far apart, there is still a bond between them that keep them together at one place. That bond shall never be broken. They keep finding each other and finally they will be together... forever."

That is the purpose of friendship.

Don't waste it! >_<

No comments: